Pages

Monday, December 29, 2008

things I'll wait in line for

Yesterday's ASSSSSCAT at UCBT featured (along with my personal faves John Lutz and Chris Gethard) Jack McBrayer, Rachel Dratch, and Amy Poehler.

After the show, I was standing with a group of friends who were having their own conversation and me in my post-comedy-nerd-heaven interrupted their conversation by dreamily saying something like "She's fantastic," to which they replied "eh, she's kind of bland." I then went off on them about how women comics shouldn't be judged based on their looks and how dare they since she just had a baby and looks beautiful and blahblahblah, until I realized that they had been talking about some friend of theirs' girlfriend and had no idea what the fuck I was yelling about. ...oops.

2 comments:

Aly V said...

makes you sound like a chip off the old "block"head.

Anonymous said...

sign ME up.