Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2009

my springtime mix

Even though I have already broken out the flip flops twice and seen three different Mister Softee trucks so far in 2009, and despite the fact that, weirdly enough, it snowed yesterday, today officially feels like the first day of spring, when you can hope for 50-plus-degree weather from here on in (with perhaps a couple of exceptions). In honor of that, my springtime mix:

That's Not My Name, by the Ting Tings
Fidelity, by Regina Spektor

Just Like Heaven, by the Cure

Girls and Boys in Love, by the Rumble Strips
New Spell, by Cryptacize
Hair, from the Revival Cast Recording
You Don't Know Me, by Ben Folds f. Regina Spektor
Love You Madly, by Cake
Modern Love, by David Bowie
Don't Get Me Wrong, covered by Lily Allen
Elevator Love Letter, by Stars
What Makes You Happy, by Liz Phair
Adrenaline, by Emma Pollock

Springtime has honestly always been the cure to all ailments for me. Spring has endless memories of walking home through Central Park and sitting in the Eliot courtyard and midnight walks, Tasti and bubble tea and Pinkberry and so much iced coffee that I have to pee pretty much constantly. And watching Adventureland just makes me want to be outside in the sunshine listening to the Cure all day long. So even though I am clearly a dorky twee 16-year-old as soon as it hits 55 degrees, I don't care because dear lord, it is SPRING!!!!

3 comments:

Ryder said...

We should go see Cake play in NYC on May 29!

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0000425BD9B48A84?artistid=926377&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Eric said...

woot!

Aly V said...

I wanna see Cake play too. I also want more posts. Is reality getting in the way?