Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

An earthquake, apparently.

From an e-mail I sent to my high school friends:

Apparently, my entire building shook (I was on the 33rd floor) but I was on a conference call and did not notice at all. When I got off (the call, not from earthquake-induced orgasm), I called Jake to see if he wanted to get lunch and he was like "Are you calling about the earthquake?" at which point I looked around and noticed that literally everyone from my floor was gone. I went downstairs and everyone on my floor had been evacauted and they were all like "Oh, I guess we should have told you that we were leaving."

The same thing happened to me when I was a freshman in college and there was a fire drill that I slept through. Why is everyone so okay leaving me to die? Is it because they know I'm a strong, independent woman who can fend for herself? I think so...

No comments: