Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

I have been doing and seeing so much improv lately, thanks to my amazing 601 (Anagrams taught by Erik Tanouye), which is now surprisingly and suddenly almost over. It is a strange feeling because I don't know when I'll get the chance to take another one and I don't know that I 100% performed to my highest potential. With 501s, you always know that you can sign up for more, but with 601s, it's up to the instructor, so who knows? Keara told me I'm my own worst critic, which is definitely true, but I think the important thing is to keep challenging yourself and not give up even if you're critical. 

If you want to come check out the show, we have two more performances:
Tues 5/29 at 11pm at UCB Theater
Tues 6/5 at 11pm at UCB Theater

Jon Bershad made this awesome poster for it:

Our form is based on this book Anagrams by Lorrie Moore, which is super weird and interesting. And also if you happen to read a long chunk of it and then watch Girls, which is what I did on Sunday night, you will believe that we are all destined to be lonely and love more than we can be loved. So don't do that! Instead come to the show and laugh!

No comments: