Pages

Friday, September 19, 2008

ARRRR!

Today is International Talk Like a Pirate Day, mateys.

Also, did anyone else kind of buy into the new "I'm a PC" ads?



Did they actually get John Hodgman to do it or is that some other dorky guy in a blazer at the beginning? Look, there's a guy there who "blogs for Obama." And if there's anything young people love, it's BLOGS and OBAMA! I'm kind of joking, but I do actually really like this ad. It's like they took Mac's ads and turned them around to serve their own purposes.

Personally, though, I'm still a Mac... even though I'm typing this from my PC at work.

1 comment:

Ryder said...

I really like this commercial.

But I don't love it. I think it veers too far into preciousness; it would be stronger if it had the cute stuff (eva longoria) but also was more resolutely...sturdy? like without the cutesy "and my NAME is roger" and "I sell fish" stuff — it's too mawkish.

OMG as I type this the cmmercial just came on TV! I love the stuff about like wearing jeans, studying genes, designing jeans. but I hate the "and I have a beard" stuff. it's like too "look how hip and clever we are" in a way that the eva longoria stuff and jeans stuff is too but still works. okay enough.