Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2008

my two new favorite songs right now for moments of poignancy and feeling lost in this big wide world:

new york, i love you but you're bringing me down~ lcd soundsystem

favorite lyrics:
"So the boring collect/I mean all disrespect/In the neighborhood bars I'd once dreamt I would drink."
"But you're still the one pool where I'd happily drown."

i am all props to gossip girl for using this song, but i think i'm going to stop watching gossip girl now. it is no the o.c., i will tell you that much.

america ~ Simon & Garfunkel

favorite lyric:
"kathy, Im lost, I said, though I knew she was sleeping
Im empty and aching and I dont know why"

had a long conversation with katie today about EL FUTURO, the job search, how we are all basically fucked, even though i am not now. i should be crying out with joy for being not, but i am too freaked out by the idea of being a grown-up to do anything but cling desperately to the past.

nelson: "It is so much better to be freaked out than bored. That would be the worst." It really would.

No comments: