Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Gossip Girl visits the UCB



via Nate Dern

I like how they make it seem like improvisers are completely unable to go off-script and would be made crazy uncomfortable by being forced to improvise.

Also, I haven't watched the last 2 seasons of Gossip Girl, but the idea that someone would write a novelized version of their life and change people's code names from things like Chuck Bass to Charlie Trout seems extremely sophomoric. In fact, it reminds me of being in 10th grade (sophomore year? sophomoric? get it??) and writing a fictionalized version of the Starbucks Club with Rachel. Our characters' names were things like Spyder (Ryder), Pamzi (Ramzi) and Mondhya (Sandhya) and Katie's boyfriend in it was in a band called Nightmare Avenue. Then again, I guess these actors are supposed to be in high school, right? I always forget because they still look like they're 10 years older than me and my friends.

No comments: