Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

A List of TV/Movie Characters That Have Reminded Me of Me at Various Points in My Life (In (Arguable) Order of How Annoying They're Supposed to Be)

Casey (Party Down)
Max (2 Broke Girls)
Lisa Simpson (The Simpsons)
Leslie Knope (Parks & Rec)
Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Julia (New Girl)
Any character that Judy Greer or Krysten Ritter plays in a shitty romantic comedy who gives advice to the main character and then sits at home drinking wine out of a comically large glass
Monica (Friends)
Peggy (Mad Men)

Penny (Happy Endings)
Jackie (That 70s Show)
Megan (Unsupervised)

Drunk Girl (SNL)
Miss Piggy

Baby Sinclair (Dinosaurs)
Moaning Myrtle (Harry Potter)
Tracey Flick (Election)

Realizations based on this:
(1) It is a truth universally acknowledged that every sitcom contains a normal hot girl/hot guy pairing and then a couple made up of a wisecracking ne'erdowell and a shrill high-maintenance bitch. Guess which one I always associate myself with.
(2) I was a really annoying kid.
(3) Presumably, the most annoying characters are also the ones that are most like me when I was younger, so perhaps I've gotten less annoying.
(4) Or maybe annoying kids grow up to be cynical but sassy adults. And nerdy perfectionist teacher's pet kids grow up to be adults who GET SHIT DONE.
(5) Lizzy Caplan makes 2 appearances on the list. I would have put Janis Ian on there too, but I don't think I was cool/detached enough in high school for that.

No comments: