Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Paul F. Tompkins is having the Best Week Ever

Not sure how I feel about this, but Best Week Ever is changing its format to be more like The Soup. The NY Times has an article about it today. Personally, I prefer The Soup, but I think Best Week Ever had a good thing going with its unique format. It was kind of the prototype (along with I Love the 80s et al) for all those shows which feature snarky "pundits"/out-of-work comedians sitting in front of a green screen and talking about shit. The new Best Week Ever will be hosted by Paul F. Tompkins, who is funny, but I think lacks the charm and likability of Joel McHale. It's not the format that makes The Soup more successful than BWE, it's McHale's charisma and personality. However, it seems like E! is also going format-happy since they also recently created Sports Soup and Topanga's The Dish.

No comments: