Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

making it past valentine's day and rounding the bend towards springtime


the feminist blogosphere is so anti-He's Just Not That Into You and I am having trouble reconciling my feminist beliefs with my love of the book/movie/philosophy/lifestyle. for all its sexism and essentialism and heteronormativity and the general lameness i feel every time i proclaim my love for it, it's still em-freakin-powering, and it still changed my life.

something less dorky:
i had a lovely weekend with lovely people and re-acquainted myself with the great outdoors. within the span of a couple of hours, i lay in the snow and stared at hundreds of stars, drove by a dead deer and sat near a blazing fire in the fireplace. This was too much for my city brain to handle and it quickly exploded. I am now dead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please come back to life so I can see you in the summer