Pages

Monday, February 23, 2009

what I liked (but mostly hated) about the Oscars

So I'm no Barry (who likes stuff) or Rachel (who hates stuff), but I did like/hate some stuff about the Oscars. It follows:

:)
-"The reader. I didn't see the reader." This was some neo-futurist crazy avant garde shit, but I loved it.
-Anne Hathaway singing
-that Pineapple Express montage where they laughed at The Reader and showed so many clips from "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" (the second best romantic comedy of the year after Wall-E)
-Jen Aniston & Jack Black sounding/looking bitter when they presented
-Sean Penn winning and his acceptance speech
-those little kids from Slumdog
-T. Feyzles as usual
-the commercial with Nora's dad
-John Legend singing the Wall-E song
-Ben Stiller as Jwa Feen, so good.
-whenever Japanese people accepted anything and said "Sank you." Adorable! Everyone watching with me was making fun of them for not knowing English, but I can't wait til they win a Japanese award and then they're all like "Ummmm arigato?" and all the Japanese people laugh at them. Oh, their day will come. Mark my words.

:(
-Ugggggghhhh it was so effing boring.
-how they cut from Aniston to Angelina TWICE. unnecessary.
-Beyonce
-that whole stupid musical thing with Zefron and Amanda Blaahhhhhfried
-Hugh Jackman is not funny
-how they had five past winners come out and as Rachel W. described it to me, "suck on the nominees' ****ies" (fun game of the day: guess which word goes in there) So unnecessary. Just show clips from the freakin' movies.
-no M.I.A. b/c she too busy having a bebe
-Did I mention how boring it was?
-how they felt the need to be like "Maybe young people will come if we invite Robert Pattinson and Hannah Montana." Those people do not need to be there. Instead of pandering to little kids, why don't you just make it not suck so the rest of us will watch it? Huh? Is that too much to ask?

No comments: