Pages

Friday, August 8, 2008

8-8-08 bitchezzzz... in which i mostly just talk about sytycd

The soyouthinkyoucandance FINALE... as long as I got to see this again, I was sated:



I thought I would cry when they announced the winner. I didn't. I cried during Courtney and Katee's montages. I really wanted to see the Joshua and Twitch montages, too, but I guess that kind of ruins the flo-o-the-sho. What really makes me cry though is the above dance. Which is just gorgeous. There is no better dance representation of abandonment issues than this piece. This season may not have had the best dancers, but I think the top 8 are all just phenomenal actors/performers. Mark's crazy-eyes in the Wade Robson piece, Chelsie's sad face at the end of this, Twitch being hilarious in anything, Katee and Joshua in the Adele piece. Amazing.

Other things this season had a lot of:
-Girls who spell their names weirdly like Kherringttonn, chelsieieie and kateeeeeeiiiieeeeiiiiiooooo.
-teeth. Granted, every season has had the triple threat of enormous scary smiles from mary murphy, cat deeley, and nigel lithgoe. But add to that, Josh's braces, Twitch's gold teeth, and Katee's out of control smiles.

My other favorite thing about the finale:
Seeing Neil again. he is soooooo hottttt and altarboyz is perfect for him. Also Sarah, the original half-asian dance supreme-o.

Things I did not need to see:
Mary Murphy doing ballroom. vom.

Today is:
-the start of the Olympics
-the start of the Olympics of improv i.e. the Del Close marathon
-Tom Compton's birthday
-three 8's in a row. woooooo.

No comments: