Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2008

summah movie spectacular... and a bleeding heart



This video for Gnarls Barkley's "Who's Gonna Save Your Soul?" is a little bit scary, but Jorma Taccone is adorable. An accurate representation of how it feels to get dumped, I suppose except for the whole heart carrying a little tiny stalk of broccoli and singing like a creepy version of California Raisins.

This summer is the first time I've ever been totally caught up in terms of watching movies as they come out and being able to talk about them instead of just putting my fingers in my ears and going "lalalala" because having people tell me the ending before I've seen it is my pet peeve. This summer is also the most hyped-up movie summer EVER. It's like a movie can't come out without every critic and their mom just jerking off all over the reel. The Dark Knight and Wall-E both managed to crack IMDB's top 10 films of all time list days before they were even released. What the eff does that even mean?

Summer movies in the order from best to worst (imho):
The Dark Knight
Wall-E
Iron Man
The Wackness
Wanted
Mamma Mia (so terrible)

Hilariously, this is also the order in terms of how much I paid for them. The Dark Knight was IMAX and I had to buy ahead, so that's 18 bucks. Wall-E was 12 and Iron Man was 10 'cause I saw it in Boston. Then, the last three were all free b/c I have awesome friends with ill connections. So I guess you get what you pay for.

1 comment: