Pages

Monday, April 28, 2008

How do I feel about Jimmy Fallon taking over for Conan in 2009?



This is something I have been thinking a lot about lately in my quest not to write papers or think about the future.

Jimmy Fallon is one of those people like Carlos Mencia or Dane Cook who the alt-comedy blogosphere is not like all gaga about. It is really hard to like people when you read 80-100 snarkariffic blogs a day talking about how they do not like that person in an oh-so-subtle-yet-bitter way. I mean, you just start to agree. The blogosphere does not hate JFal quite as much as the other two but at the same time, a lot of people seem unhappy with his taking over for Conan. Meanwhile, despite the fact that he laughs in like 80% of his SNL sketches and despite the fact that his hair went through several unfortunate phases on the show and despite the fact that he did some shitty movies post-SNL, I still really really love him. Not quite as much as I did back when my screenname was IluvvJimmyFallon and he was my awkward skinny funny boy of the moment (between Seth Green circa 2001-2002 and Adam Brody circa 2005-2007), but I do still have a Jimmy Fallon pillow on my bed which my mommy made me for Xmas03. If you don't think he's actually talented, re-watch his impressions or his song parodies. Is that enough to carry a talk show five nights a week? Tal vez. But at the very least, he is pretty (although Sopen strongly disagrees with this fact, saying that his "bit" is that he's ugly) and semi-charming (not to be confused with semi-charmed). So I'm in. Jerks.

No comments: