Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

modern love college style

[[My Mother was a Chinese Trapeze Artist ~ The Decemberists]]

Trying to muster the energy to go work out...

Modern Love had an essay contest for college students, and this is the winner.

a quote: There was the guy with red hair and big steaklike hands that walked with me arm in arm through Washington Square Park, kissed me on the stoop of my mother’s brownstone and said he wanted to be my boyfriend. Until our next walk, when he kept his hands to himself and said he meant boyfriend “in the theoretical sense of the word.”

I actually do think it does a good job of describing our generation or whatever.

Also, that short-lived facebook thing where you find your five most-stalked or stalks-you-most people thing was awesome while it lasted. Facebook KNOWS. we are all doomed. there is no privacy.

No comments: