Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2008


ugh yesterday I was on the bus for like 7 hours. I read an entire book: The Myth of You and Me by Leah Stewart. Nelson thinks this is an unfair statement because I had already read like 75 pages before I got on the bus. But I have the attention span of a goldfish who hasn't taken his adderal and unless I am reading while walking, I can usually read about 2 pages at a time before I need to alternate with a blogpost or get up and move around. When I was little, I used to alternate reading a page of a book and a page of a magazine over and over again. (this might be another one of those tidbits of information about how i was a psychotic child that should be kept to myself.) Regardless, the book is really good and the first book I've read for fun in a lilbit.

A quote from the book:
“With moving, I have always been partial to the in-between, the blurred highway outside the window, that suspended time when everything you were lies behind you like a molted skin, and everything you might become shimmers at the horizon. You might choose anything and make it happen, constrained by nothing but your own imagination, sure that not even gravity can hold you.” (77)

song of the day: (Lack of) Love Will Tear Us Apart ~ The Honeydrips (courtesy of quickbeforeitmelts)

There is something unnecessarily poignant about staring out a Greyhound window while the rain beats down outside. Especially when you're sitting by yourself and your phone is dead. Does it make it less poignant that it was actually fung wah? Doesn't quite have the same ring.

No comments: