Pages

Monday, February 4, 2008

a case of senioritis

Anyone who knows me knows I have a slight tendency towards the dramatic and the overly sentimental. And in the past, I have been known to express these dramatic oversentimentalities through:
a) tears
b) bitter sarcasm
c) extensively long yearbook quotations
d) blogs

Okay, so I have a thesis to write. But I find that to be a triviality when it comes to the bigger picture. There is so much to learn about oneself and one's nature in one's senior spring. And one being me, I figure this is as perfect a time as any to start a blog (my fifth blog, no less). Because really senior spring is all about finding out you are momentously unprepared for the real world. And I think a blog is the ultimate expression of disregard for reality. Because a blog assumes the real world cares about you, that the world revolves around you really, that people want to hear what you have to say and that your little world matters. All of this feels relatively true at college (okay, I've spent 21 years realizing the world does not revolve around me, but that's a moot point), but one day, four months from now, I will be tossed into New York City, quite probably jobless and homeless, and all of this will feel so trite and inconsequential then. So in these four months where I can pretend these things are fundamentally untrite and consequential, I choose not to face the real world. Or any real responsibilities I have (which include but are not limited to finding a job, finishing my thesis, finding a place to live, graduating). And instead focusing attention on this, my senior spring blog. Kudos, me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SACHI I CARE ABOUT YOUR LITTLE WORLD!!
LOVE, YOUR CREEPY BLOCKMATE

Anonymous said...

what about that a-list campus celebrity, guy with beard who sits next to me/