Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

ladies and rocks



the new issue of vanity fair, sent to me by everyone and their mom (as well as my mom, who i suppose is already included) is phenomnom. amazingu

Ladies and Gentlemen We are Sitting Here Listening to this Recording is an uber-lovelies blog with daily music links, pop culture commentary, and all things that are good. Here, they talk about how science proves it's okay for women to be jezebellian.

Finally, Boinkology tells you why you should not date bloggers. Cough cough.

My mom's advice for the day: "You should date a rock."



merg, too much work to do. life is easier when it's just berryline study breaks and lying in bed.

a song worth listening to recommended to me by sarah: I'm Going to Stop Pretending I Didn't Break Your Heart by The Eels

1 comment:

Aly V said...

It was not so much advice as a choice. On the one hand, you could cherish a fragile but beautiful snow globe knowing that someday it could be just fragments of glass, a tiny broken village and a pool of water filled with glitter snow spreading on your floor. On the other, you could just have a rock because it won't break and if it did, you wouldn't care. You probably wouldn't even notice if someone replaced it with a different rock. It is an idea so absurd and sad as to force you to realize we take our chances. I think it was a very smart 12 year old girl who made me realize I was "dating a rock." Except the rock was a cheap black folding umbrella bought on the street and the snow globe was a cute gingham Bad Batz Maru umbrella carefully selected in Tokyo for tons of yen. Wah! I'm still sad.